STEP 1 -IISFA MEMBER
The online registration process will enable you to register for will be a IISFA member and take the IISFA ID number.
STEP 2 -Register for the EXAM
The online registration process will enable you to register for an exam, and purchase the exam voucher Prepare for the Exam The Candidate's Guide to the CIFI Exam provides a detailed outline of the subject areas covered on the examination, a suggested list of reference materials to review, a glossary of acronyms commonly used on the examination, and a sample copy of the answer sheet used for the exam. The Candidate's Guide to the CIFI Exam is available through the IISFA website.
STEP 3 - Take the exam
Candidates will be admitted to the test center only if they have a valid admission voucher and an acceptable form of identification (ID). An acceptable form of ID must be a current and original government issued ID that contains the candidate’s name, as it appears on the admission ticket, and the candidate’s photograph. The information on the ID cannot be handwritten. All of these characteristics must be demonstrated by a single piece of ID provided. Examples include, but are not limited to, a passport, driver’s license, military ID, state ID, green card and national ID. Any candidate who does not provide an acceptable form of ID will not be allowed to sit for the exam and will forfeit his/her registration fee.
STEP 4 -Maintain the Certification
The CIFI policy requires the attainment of CPE hours over an annual and three-year certification period. CIFIs must comply with the following requirements to retain certification:
- - Attain and report an annual minimum of 30 CPE hours. These hours must be appropriate to the currency or advancement of the CIFI’s knowledge or ability to perform CIFI-related tasks. The use of these hours towards meeting the CPE requirements for multiple IISFA certifications is permissible when the professional activity is applicable to satisfying the job-related knowledge of each certification.
- - Submit annual CPE maintenance fees to IISFA international headquarters in full.( 10 euro Ordinary Member – 30 euro Law enforcement member and Company member)
- - Attain and report a minimum of one hundred and twenty (120) CPE hours for a three-year reporting period.
- - Respond and submit required documentation of CPE activities if selected for the annual audit.
- - Comply with IISFA’s Code of Professional Ethics.
- - Recertification after the CIFI expired time that is 5 years